Athletes are people with an iron will, but even they are sometimes tempted to take it on their chest, not realizing what consequences this will result for their body. After training, many experienced coaches do not recommend drinking alcohol, and there are good reasons for this.
The effect of alcohol on the body after training
It is logical to assume that one bottle of beer or a glass of wine does not affect the well-being of a person. However, even a small dose can adversely affect the well-being and recovery of the body after exercise. How do such drinks affect the condition of an athlete if they were taken after exercise?
- If a person wants to lose weight, he mainly practices cardiovascular equipment or pays attention to aerobics. In this case, the enzyme lipoprotein lipase is secreted in the body, which promotes the breakdown of fats. Alcohol depresses the process of its formation, which means that it will not work to achieve a reduction in volumes.
- Drinking inhibits the formation of Leydig cells, which directly affect the formation of the hormone testosterone.
- Alcoholic beverages have a bad effect on the anabolic effect, in other words, it will not be possible to pump up muscles by means of power loads with frequent use of alcohol.
- As a result of physical exertion, the delivery of all obtained substances to tissues and organs is significantly accelerated. Therefore, alcohol is absorbed much faster, because of which its negative effect on the whole body increases.
- Drinks adversely affect the rate of recovery after exercise.
Experienced athletes are well aware that training and a feast simply cannot be adjacent.
Going to a bar after drinking alcohol, a person reduces all his efforts to zero, and as a result, there can be no talk of any achievements.
In addition, the frequent intake of such drinks after physical exertion extremely negatively affects the body.
It is not recommended taking alcohol during training, as it is extremely harmful, and even dangerous. When intoxicated, the body works worse, which means that it simply cannot withstand standard loads.
Drinking alcohol before exercise
Having learned that you cannot drink after going to the gym, some athletes become interested in the limitations before training. To their chagrin, and here the prohibitions turn out to be very severe. Drinking in the evening before exercise is not recommended for the following reasons:
- alcohol disrupts the synthesis of cells, because of which the protein atrogin-1 begins to be produced (it is dangerous because it leads to muscle atrophy, which means that it makes it impossible to increase muscle mass);
- alcoholic drinks have an extremely negative effect on the liver and cardiovascular system, which makes training the day after a party not only harmful, but also extremely dangerous for health;
- with a hangover, the body tries to remove toxins, and intense physical activity only slows down this process, because of which health can worsen.
It is important to remember that many varieties of sports nutrition are elementarily incompatible with alcohol. With their complex use, you can encounter a sharp deterioration in well-being, and the liver suffers most of all against this background.
Alcohol causes elemental fatigue in humans. Usually a hangover lover is so bad that he is simply unable to increase the load or at least maintain a standard level of training.
Still, you can go in for sports with a hangover. Doctors recommend paying attention to cardio loads, ignoring weight training. In this case, you should not put too much on the simulators, you can just run on the track or pedal the bike. Some party lovers do yoga or hangover dancing, as this helps the body return to its former tone.
When drinking alcohol, blood pressure often rises, so a person may experience dizziness, darkening in the eyes. In this case, you must immediately get off the simulator and sit down and drink water.
Experienced athletes always give up alcohol in preparation for the competition, because they know that with a liquor they will not succeed. If a person drank before or after training, he needs to understand that the effectiveness of physical activity from this has greatly decreased.