Currently, people with pathological addictions to chemicals are looking for new ways to achieve the desired effect. So, many are making attempts to use drugs. Among these substances, drugs that are sold in the pharmacy network are becoming popular.
What are pharmacy drugs
These are drugs that are officially approved for use with certain pathologies. Moreover, against the background of repeated use, medications cause a feeling of mental or physical dependence. Pharmaceutical drugs can affect the nervous system, forming euphoric or psychoactive effects.
Depending on the nature of the action, psychoactive drugs are divided into:
- remedies with a calming effect;
- sleeping pills;
- contributing to the relaxation of smooth muscles.
Strictly reported drugs
This group of drugs can be purchased in the pharmacy network, but this can only be done if there is a prescription that is withdrawn in exchange for the drug. The prescription prescribed by the doctor has a high degree of protection against fakes. A special form is provided for this, which is printed on special watermarked paper. In addition, each such form passes strict reporting with the assignment of a serial number.
The issuance of a prescription must necessarily be fixed by the signatures of not only the attending physician, but also the head of the clinic. However, everything is not limited to signatures, because the stamps of doctors and a medical institution are affixed on the form.
If an error is made when writing a prescription, the doctor must fill out the documents, indicating the damage to the form, which will be disposed of later. This eliminates the recipe for unauthorized persons. The pharmacist can verify the authenticity of the document by learning the detailed information in the medical institution, giving them the serial number of the prescription.
Such procedures are necessary to prevent counterfeiting and uncontrolled release of potent substances.
Legal psychoactive substances sold in prescription pharmacies
The presented group of drugs is sold easier than those drugs that are subject to strict reporting, but exhibit a pronounced narcotic effect. As a rule, drugs with a psycho-pronounced effect cause a change in consciousness, but it is easier to acquire them, since the vacation order includes the usual doctor’s prescription, issued on the basis of chronic pathology.
Among the drugs from the group, the most common can be distinguished:
- Lyrics. The drug is used by patients suffering from epileptic disorders, in particular, the development of convulsive syndrome. In addition, the medicine is able to cope with the manifestation of withdrawal symptoms. The mechanism of action resembles the effects of methadone, heroin, morphine. The drug has a narcotic effect due to the development of euphoric conditions and gradual strong addiction. Often people with addiction use alcohol to enhance the effect.
- Tropicamide. The drug, released in eye drops, is used to study the condition of the fundus, as well as reduce the inflammatory reaction. When used by drug addicts, it is able to develop euphoric manifestations and the formation of visual hallucinations. Apply the medicine intravenously. A month after the start of the use of the medication, addiction begins to develop.
This group also includes drugs based on Tramadol, Coaxil, Prozac, Terpincod and others.
Despite the difficulties in acquiring drugs with psychoactive properties, recently addicted people are finding new ways to get medication.
To do this, addicts can acquire various medicinal substances, which, when mixed with each other or in a special method of preparation, exhibit narcotic properties. Such drugs are used for their main purpose in order to treat somatic diseases.
These drugs include:
- Belladonna extract. The substance contains atropine, which is the chemical base. The drug is capable of exhibiting hallucinogenic, hypnotic and anti-cholinergic effects.
- Calamus extract. The presented plant is used to achieve an increase in mood or physical activity, but when consumed by addicted persons, a hallucinogenic effect and a disturbance in consciousness can occur.
- Catnip leaves. When used in therapeutic dosages, it has a calming effect, but with an increase in the permissible concentration, the effect of euphoria is manifested.
- Dill extract. In therapeutic measures, the drug is used to treat diseases of the intestines, stomach, and urinary tract. But when the dosage is exceeded, stimulation of the nervous system and the development of a hallucinogenic effect begin. In case of an overdose, it can cause severe toxic effects on excretion systems.
- Valerian extract. When using the drug, a tranquilizing and analgesic effect is manifested in cases where the dosage is several times higher than the therapeutic values.
Drug addiction treatment
In order for the patient to get rid of drug dependence, it is necessary to go through several successive stages, among which:
- Work with a psychologist and accepting your addiction. The beginning of the fight against drug addiction, including drugs, comes down to the recognition of a pathological condition by a person. Until the addict confirms attachment to this state, it will be impossible to fully combat the addiction.
- Detoxification. This method helps to cope with the development of physical dependence. It is aimed at removing drugs from the body and preventing the ingestion of new portions. For this, dietary measures can be used, which include the use of a large amount of fluid, which increases the volume of circulating blood.
- Infusion therapy is also carried out, which includes the introduction of physiological solutions or vitamin complexes. This ensures the maintenance of the patient’s strength and the gradual acceleration of the kidneys for the elimination of narcotic substances. In severe poisoning, measures may be used that will include chemisorption or plasmapheresis procedures.
- Rehabilitation activities. The patient is initially recommended being isolated from society during the most difficult periods of the initial stages, which are accompanied by disturbances in the functioning of internal organs and mental malfunctions. In some cases, measures are taken aimed at the symptomatic use of drugs. Later, rehabilitation measures begin to be carried out on an outpatient basis, where the patient again joins the family and the surrounding community. At the final stage, familiarization with work, social adaptation and prevention of relapse.
Drug mortality statistics
Many people underestimate the role of uncontrolled use of drugs that have a narcotic effect, which are dispensed in pharmacies. As a result, the number of those patients who die from an overdose or uncontrolled intake of these drugs is growing. About 100,000 people die every year as a result of the use of narcotic drugs purchased in pharmacy chains. Almost a tenth of these patients die at the time of an overdose. The figures presented are growing steadily, since 10 years ago this figure was 2 times less.
Currently, measures are being taken to tighten measures aimed at free or inappropriate purchase of narcotic drugs. Such manipulations can reduce the percentage of not only fatal cases arising from the use of drugs, but also reduce the number of addicted people.