One of the most unpleasant phenomena that can happen to people in public is that they can not stop farting, or, more formally speaking, letting gases out. When this happens – it is not just indecent, it is also an indicator that there is some problem in the body at the moment. One-time fart or, vulgarly speaking, fart is still normal, but when the problem begins to arise too often, you need to figure out what to do with it in as much detail as possible.
The underlying mechanisms of the problem
Although the people usually call this problem nothing more than fart, all of this has scientific names. At the heart of the “wind blowing” are two mechanisms:
- Flatulence. With it, an excessive accumulation of gases accumulates in the gastrointestinal tract. They can be formed too often, or, on the contrary, can not stand out enough. If a similar problem occurs, a number of relevant symptoms appear, for example, rumbling, bloating, discomfort and pain, if the situation has been significantly exacerbated. For flatulence, there are effective pills and other medicines.
- Flatulence. This is the secretion of gas from the gastrointestinal tract. In general, this is a natural phenomenon, if it is done in moderation, but if it happens too often, or even almost constantly, then we can say that a real problem has arisen.
How are gases formed?
A healthy body constantly contains a certain amount of gas, and quite a lot, something about a liter. Part of it enters the body from the outside when a person swallows air, which he does, for example, while eating or talking. But this, if viewed in percentage terms, is only an insignificant part of the total accumulation of gases in the body. The largest volume is formed already inside, in the colon during digestive processes. It can be up to 75% of the total volume. For example, the bacteria of the large intestine form methane, fatty acids, when broken down, emit carbon dioxide, legumes can produce hydrogen, and so on.
Reasons for eating
To understand how to stop farting frequently or even constantly, you must first understand what causes excessive flutulation can be caused. And most often it is the food that a person eats.
The main reason that a person began to fart too often is the use of products that provoke increased gas formation. These may include:
- Milk products. They contain lactose, which in most people does not normally digest.
- Carbonated drinks. From kvass, beer, champagne, as well as soft drinks, flatulence intensifies. It’s all about the gases contained there, as well as the yeast. A lot of such drinks – and the situation is aggravated.
- Legumes. Peas and similar products increase the amount of hydrogen produced during digestion, which makes the problem worse.
- Foods with a lot of coarse fiber. Apples, brown bread, potatoes, cabbage, radish, radish and similar products when consumed in excessively large quantities can lead to increased gas formation.
- Products in the wrong combination. Sometimes separately products, even if there are a lot of them, may not cause a person any problems, but in combination they can complicate the digestion process, which makes the amount of emitted gases significantly. This, for example, white bread with soup, potatoes with sausages and a number of other, no less negative combinations.
- Aerophagia. It is otherwise called swallowing air bubbles when eating. This usually happens if a person’s eating behavior is incorrect. For example, this happens if a person constantly swallows food in large pieces, speaks with food, and so on. Sometimes the matter is not how a person behaves, but in malocclusion, the presence of braces and other deviations of the oral cavity from the norm.
- Dysbacteriosis. When the structure of the microflora of the colon changes, the fart intensifies. Here treatment is needed.
- Digestive enzyme deficiency. If the digestive tract lacks the necessary enzymes – the food is not processed entirely, and therefore gases begin to be released intensely.
- The problem with the passage of food. If intestinal motility is impaired, he does not do his job thoroughly, and therefore food through the digestive tract can move very slowly. This leads to the fact that all processes involving microorganisms are significantly enhanced, and this leads to the fact that gas generation is constantly happening on an increased scale – and the person begins to fart.
When you know why farting can occur, you need to take measures to fix the problem, to understand how to get rid of it. The easiest way to solve the problem with aerophagy. Here is the treatment – you just need to change your eating behavior, stop talking during meals, eat food in smaller pieces and chew better.
If the problem is that you are eating one of the foods that makes you fart because it is not adequately perceived by your body, just review your diet. Limit the use of those foods that were indicated in the paragraphs above. Also try to reduce (but not completely eliminate) the amount of easily digestible carbohydrates, such as baked goods, sugar, as well as protein foods, such as lamb, goose, pork and mushrooms. Then the problem should gradually recede and you will cease to fart so often.
Also try to get enough sleep, take time for physical activity and so on. Better your health – less chance that the problem will worsen, less need for treatment.
However, sometimes it happens that you can’t stop farting yourself and get rid of it – sometimes the reason is a rather serious digestive tract disease. Usually this can be determined by the presence of side symptoms:
- blood in the stool;
- nausea and vomiting;
- constipation and diarrhea;
- abdominal pain and other abnormalities.
In this case, it is necessary not to take any funds on your own, not to resort to treatment at home, but you should go to the therapist or a gastroenterologist who will prescribe you an examination, and then treatment. You will drink flatulence pills, other medications, or do therapeutic procedures to get rid of this problem.
But the main thing is not to succumb to panic if you become too fart. In a healthy adult, flutulation can occur up to 10-18 times a day, and therefore it is likely that everything is fine with you and you do not need to do anything.