For all its simplicity, an electronic cigarette is a rather complicated mechanism, which is gaining more and more popularity among smokers. But how to use an electronic cigarette and how to refuel it? Is the statement true that products help overcome nicotine addiction to tobacco?
What is an electronic cigarette and vaping
In essence, electronic cigarettes are popularly called vape – these are similar names. With the introduction of a new word in everyday life, the products themselves began to improve, improve. A true breakthrough in the market of electronic cigarettes was the invention of powerful rechargeable batteries, which increases both the time of the product and the volume of generated steam.
An electronic cigarette consists of several separate components, each of them has its own power level.
In most cases, the product consists of the following parts:
- Tank. It is filled with liquid for smoking and it is intended for soaring.
- Evaporator or fragrance.
- Directly the power supply itself, which can be charged from the mains.
The mod also comes with the vape – this is a device with a board that contains a spiral heated by the action of a charge of current and battery. Buttons for controlling power, steam supply and temperature are located directly on it.
In addition, a tank is also wound onto the mod, into which you can fill yourself with smoking fluid. The atomizer is also located in this nozzle – the basis of smoke regulation, working on the principle that the lower its resistance, the more steam is produced and less taste, and vice versa. Much depends on the settings specified by the user, and on the configuration of the electronic cigarette.
The battery can be of different capacities; accordingly, the quality indicators of the generated steam depend on this. To replace a regular tobacco cigarette, 20 watts will be sufficient, and to enhance the density of the vapor and taste choose a device with 30-40 watts.
If the battery has a mark of 70 or 200 watts, this means that the elements go to produce the most dense and large amounts of steam.
Types of vapes
There are several types of vapes on the market:
- Familiar to many electronic cigarettes. A simple and affordable option. The device is used without additional recharging. Most often, such a device is chosen by novice vapers as an alternative to the usual tobacco product.
- Capacitive system. It has a more powerful vaporizer and is ideal for those who lack the charge of an electronic cigarette.
- A prefabricated electronic system that has a powerful battery and allows you to enjoy smoking for 4-5 hours. Such products are chosen by everyone who prefers saturated, dense steam.
The choice of a smoker depends on whether he will enjoy the process of steam letting himself, using the product in a convenient place, or smoking in the company of friends.
What does vape fill with
Today on the market of electronic cigarettes there are many liquids for refueling in electronic cigarettes – simple mixtures and with a touch of fruit, desserts and so on.
Despite their apparent simplicity, they all have a complex chemical composition and include such elements:
- glycerin and propylene glycol;
- water, which contains various natural and chemical additives, as well as flavorings.
The first 2 components are necessary to create a thick steam, and the flavors betray him this or that note and aftertaste.
The harm from such smoking is considered by many to be minimal, although the majority note that the abuse of electronic cigarettes can cause serious pathologies.
You can also choose a liquid for refueling an electronic cigarette with a very different nicotine content. There is a mixture on sale with a nicotine content from zero to the highest possible levels. But as practice shows, most consumers choose the aroma and taste of tobacco, so to speak, to complete the sensation.
Principle of operation
It consists of the following:
- the battery after turning on gives a charge of electric current to the heating element in the cigarette;
- under the influence of a charge, the temperature of the heating coil will increase;
- filling in the system is fed to the fleece and in contact with the cole – this is how steam is released.
The device itself is designed so that the generated steam is supplied to the mouth with each puff, and the case material itself protects the hands from heating elements and temperature.
How to soar
If you do not follow the rules of smoking electronic cigarettes, you can achieve the occurrence of side, undesirable consequences, such as overheating of the system or leakage of refilled liquid from the charging mouthpiece. In addition, it is not uncommon for a burning taste in the mouth and so on.
Therefore, it is so important to observe a number of rules:
- The first puff. And this rule consists in the fact that at the very beginning the vaper makes the first, shortest puff – this will allow the filter to start working correctly. In a more familiar smoker language, a cigarette is lit.
- At the very beginning, steam is accumulated in the mouth and only after it is inhaled into the lungs. It is important at the very beginning to do 10-12 short and shallow puffs to get used to the steam.
- It is necessary to control the frequency, as well as the depth of the puffs made – shallow and frequent will make the steam more dense, deep and rich aftertaste. Otherwise, this can provoke the appearance of even a small amount of condensate, which can get on the contacts and provoke the closure of the electronic cigarette.
- You should never rush. With deep and frequent puffs, the spiral heats up too much and comes in contact with the wick. The element intensively evaporates the liquid charged into the system. It is necessary to give the spiral time to cool between puffs so that the wick replenishes the smoked, evaporated liquid. By making frequent deep puffs, the sweater will provoke burning of the wick and overheating of the spiral. This will affect the operation of the electronic cigarette and the quality of the vapor itself.
- In the process of smoking, it is important to hold an electronic cigarette in your hand. Do this a bit at an angle, which allows the liquid to be evenly distributed into the evaporator.
- In some models of the device there is a button – it is pressed before puffing and released after inhalation. Some users like this add-on in the model, but most vapers prefer an automatic steam system.
The tips are simple, but all of them will allow you to enjoy an electronic cigarette for as long as possible.
How to care for an electronic cigarette
How to care and clean the electronic cigarette, because when it is smoked in the vaporizer, part of the non-evaporated refueling substances will accumulate? If blockage occurs, the atomizer pulls worse and foreign odors and a smack of steam appear. Therefore, the element is simply purged and, even before starting smoking, make 1-2 short puffs.
In addition, if the blockage is significant, you can resort to one of the ways to cleanse the system itself:
- burn the atomizer;
- do a flushing system;
- treat with ultrasonic waves when placed in an ultrasonic bath.
This will increase the life of the electronic cigarette and ensure the quality of smoking.
Is vaping safe
An electronic cigarette has its pros and cons, but for supporters and opponents the question always arises – how safe is the device?
First of all, it is worth noting that some refueling mixtures have a high concentration of nicotine, which can simply be poisoned.
Accordingly, nicotine poisoning can cause:
- the development of hyperglycemia – an increase in blood sugar;
- hypertension and salt deposits, the development of atherosclerosis;
- tachycardia and arrhythmia, other defects and heart diseases.
Even if a smoker chooses nicotine-free e-cigarette liquid, this cannot guarantee complete safety for health. This is due to the fact that some flavored systems do not contain natural components, but heavy and harmful carcinogens.
Glycerin is also a danger in itself – an oil refining product, which, when converted to steam, can irritate the mucous membranes of the throat and larynx, lungs, causing an allergy. Propylene glycol also carries a no lesser danger – a colorless liquid, which in large concentrations negatively affects the functioning of the central nervous system, kidneys and liver, sometimes becomes the reason for their refusal to work.
Will vape stop smoking
Many experienced smokers want to quit smoking tobacco cigarettes, and therefore often switch to electronic cigarettes. Devices are seasoned with special mixtures and compositions that do not contain nicotine. However, as psychologists note, in the very beginning it is still worth refueling mixtures containing this compound.
When smoking electronic cigarettes with nicotine-containing mixtures, a person gradually switches to lighter compositions, reaching the level of 0. In this case, the smoker is freed from nicotine addiction at the physiological level, and it will be even easier to overcome the addiction at the psychology level.
When using electronic cigarettes, it is important to adhere to a number of rules and recommendations:
- You should never allow liquid for electronic cigarettes to enter the mucous membrane of the eye, tongue, and even more so in the digestive tract.
- Keep the electronic cigarette away from direct sunlight and away from heaters, sources of high temperatures.
- Keep the e-cigarette away from children. Be sure to regularly clean the device for prevention.
- Do not place the device on a charge in a room or on a street with a high percentage of humidity in wet weather.
- Do not hover and drive – a thick cloud of steam can block the view of the road, causing an accident.
Summing up, we can say that an electronic cigarette is more a tribute to a new fashion than a replacement for a classic tobacco product. Using the device, some heavy smokers try to quit smoking. How effective this is, one can argue, but it is better to talk about the dangers of such an invention in 10-15 years, when the results of full-scale studies are obtained. Therefore, to smoke them or not is already a private matter for everyone.