The smoker’s respiratory system is completely different from that of a healthy person. If you could look at the lungs with the naked eye, you would notice that someone who has a predilection for smoking, they are uncharacteristically dark. There are also changes inside – they are clogged with mucus, small bronchi are clogged.
After some time, the body carries out restoration, clears itself – but this process can take many months (complete cleansing can occur in years too), and therefore, in order not to experience excessive discomfort, it needs to be helped.
Why is it important?
When you quit smoking, it would seem, why rush the body? After all, you can let him recover without your help. But it’s not that simple. After quitting smoking (and quitting is a prerequisite for cleansing), your body will adapt “to a new life”, and this happens with a certain disorder in metabolic processes. Therefore, you may experience certain problems:
- you will gain excess weight, because instead of smoking you will increasingly want to eat;
- your immune system will work worse, making it easier for you to get sick, both from a cold after even a slight hypothermia, and from stomach upsets;
- your mood will change quite often and chaotically.
In order for all this to pass as quickly as possible, you need to understand how to clean the lungs.
First you need to start eating right. The body must receive the necessary elements to help the lungs cleanse. In particular, it is necessary to use:
- Pineapples They contain bromelin, which accelerates the removal of toxins and toxins and calms the nervous system.
- Garlic and onion. Due to the content of allicin, they allow you to thin the toxic mucus that accumulates on the lungs. Ginger and horseradish can also achieve a similar effect. In addition, onion and garlic contain volatile, which will strengthen the immune system and have an antibacterial effect.
- Green tea. This drink also cleans the lungs of toxins, and also minimizes the chance of developing oncology thanks to the special antioxidant catechin.
- Apples Due to the increased content of magnesium and ascorbic acid in apples, your lungs will function better. You need to eat other fruits, as well as vegetables that contain a large amount of antioxidants, which strengthens the immune system and recovery is much faster.
To clear the effects of smoking faster, try to walk as much as possible through the coniferous forests. The air there contains volatile, which stimulate the respiratory system. As much as possible, go in for sports and other types of physical activity. Running, swimming, aerobics, cycling – all this will accelerate the process of lung cleansing. Of course, you should not start immediately with increased loads – you should gradually go into rhythm after quitting smoking. Special breathing exercises also help restore. It is recommended to go to the bath more often – this is not only a skin cleansing, but also a cleaning of the respiratory system. The bath opens the pores and the skin begins to breathe better. During trips there, it is recommended to use coniferous oils, as well as fir or oak brooms.
An effective method of stimulating cleansing is inhalation, which is made from herbal preparations: chamomile, sage, wormwood and so on. Inhalations from the needles of various trees are also effective. The easiest method of inhalation is to brew the collection in a pan and then breathe about ten minutes over it, covered with a towel. There are also folk recipes, for example, pour finely chopped onion with sugar and leave it in a warm place. After some time, a syrup is formed, which must be drunk once a week four times before or after meals. In fact, this is just a more concentrated method of eating onions.
Whatever methods of purification of your lungs you choose, it is important to remember that in order for them to have the proper effect, you do not need to be limited to just one thing – you need to adhere to as many of the above recovery methods as possible. And, of course, not returning to smoking, or else all the efforts to cleanse the body will be in vain.