Amphetamine is enormously prevalent among people who are forced to work hard regularly, study, or constantly have significant physical or mental stress. With systematic administration, a long and hard comedown occurs, psychic dependence develops quite quickly, and health problems appear.
Amphetamine: features and effect
Amphetamine is a psychoactive substance that significantly stimulates the human nervous system.
The principle of action on the nervous system lies in the release of neurotransmitters into the blood:
Amphetamine is prohibited in many countries for production and sale, except for use in medical facilities. For therapeutic purposes, it is used in the complex treatment of narcolepsy, ADHD and with anorexia.
The effect of the drug on the central nervous system is expressed:
- mood lift;
- burst of motor and speech functions;
- increased concentration of attention;
- decreased drowsiness;
- a marked decrease in appetite;
- increase in productivity;
- raising self-confidence and achieving a comfortable state;
- fatigue reduction.
Negative effects on the central nervous system:
- panic attacks;
- sleep disturbances;
- stimulatory psychosis, in many ways similar to schizophrenia.
- heart rhythm disturbances;
- increase in blood pressure;
- increased sweating;
How long does the narcotic effect last?
The narcotic effect of taking amphetamine depends on the dosage, systematic use and physiological characteristics of the body.
With intravenous injection, the effect of the drug begins within one minute, with oral administration – after 10-15 minutes.
The stimulating effect of amphetamine lasts at least 2 hours, and on average 4-10 hours, sometimes more if there is no tolerance or a sufficiently large amount is taken.
How does the waste water flow from amphetamine
Even after a single dose of amphetamine, unpleasant consequences cannot be avoided.
After the end of drug intoxication, the so-called “amphetamine waste” occurs. It is especially pronounced when taken in large quantities over a short period of time.
Symptoms of comedown during episodic intake in small quantities:
- increased sweating;
With systematic administration or a large dosage, the following symptoms of comedown occur:
- paranoid thoughts;
- depressive state;
- decrease in blood pressure;
- exhaustion of the body;
- constant fatigue;
- persecution mania;
- dizziness and headaches;
- suicidal thoughts;
What to do when comedown
Even after a single dose of amphetamine, it is advisable to help the body recover. With systematic use or taking a large dose, the body needs help to reduce the negative effects and restore the central nervous system.
How to fall asleep after amphetamine
The most common drug use problem is the huge difficulty falling asleep.
The body needs recovery from narcotic stimulation, and a good, long sleep is the best option.
Ways to improve falling asleep after amphetamines:
- forced diuresis, that is, the intake of a significant amount of pure drinking water to remove toxins;
- good nutrition with the obligatory inclusion of milk and other dairy products;
- taking herbal sedatives in a therapeutic dosage;
- a hot shower that promotes relaxation.
How to relieve symptoms
Taking amphetamine causes many unpleasant symptoms both during the action and after the end of the effect.
Methods for relieving symptoms of comedown:
- Vitamin C reduces the effects of amphetamins. To reduce symptoms, you need to eat a whole lemon or drink a large portion of ascorbic acid (1-2 packs) with water. Within 45-60 minutes, relief will come.
- Calcium helps reduce symptoms. To accelerate the assimilation of it must be dissolved in water.
- Forced diuresis with the use of diuretics accelerates drug elimination, and, as a result, reduces symptoms.
- Soothing herbal preparations reduce central nervous system excitation and reduce the severity of symptoms.
- With the arising pains of low intensity, you can take an anesthetic medication in a therapeutic dosage.
How long is the amphetamine breakdown
The duration of unpleasant symptoms during comedown directly depends on the dosage and systematic administration, especially hard and long, it occurs when large doses are used for a short period of time.
With episodic use of amphetamine, the duration of comedown on average 2-4 days. With the so-called “binge”, i.e. use in high dosages over a significant period of time, the duration of unpleasant symptoms can be 3-4 weeks.
How to restore the body after eating
Recovery of the body after amphetamine use, especially with regular use and in large doses, is a rather long and difficult but necessary process.
The main stages of body recovery:
- The complete exclusion of physical and nervous stress due to the depletion of the nervous system and the body as a whole.
- Relieving pain with pain medication will help the body relax and speed recovery.
- The use of a significant amount of pure water to remove the drug from biological fluids and eliminate dehydration caused by stimulation of the central nervous system and all the ensuing consequences.
- To normalize sleep, during which the body recovers faster, it is necessary to take sleeping pills strictly in therapeutic dosages.
- For the treatment of depression caused by prolonged use of amphetamine, it is necessary to take antidepressants strictly as prescribed by the doctor.
- A balanced diet with the mandatory inclusion of a large number of fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy products, liquid first courses. It is necessary to exclude from the diet fried, smoked, spicy and salty foods, fast food, coffee and alcohol. Good nutrition will speed up the elimination of toxins and will saturate the body with the necessary elements, which will accelerate the recovery of the body. This diet should be observed for at least 7-9 days.
- The most important stage in the restoration of the body is the elimination of mental dependence.
How to get off the drug
Amphetamine belongs to the group of reactive psychoactive drugs that, when systematically taken, cause mental dependence.
Signs of dependence on a psychostimulant:
- vigor is replaced by severe chronic fatigue;
- lability of mood;
- acute psychoses;
- panic attacks;
- depression with suicidal tendencies;
- pale and dry skin with early wrinkles;
- dry and dull hair;
- serious sleep disturbances at night.
Physical dependence on amphetamine is mild and develops extremely slowly with prolonged use in significant quantities.
To get off the amphetamine, you need to deal with mental dependence.
Ways to combat mental dependence:
- Sufficient motivation to refuse admission. She may have health and mental problems, the possibility of losing a loved one, more enjoyable ways to use money, unwillingness to experience amphetamine waste.
- Complete cessation of amphetamine use, even with a hard-going comedown and withdrawal symptoms.
- Detoxification of the body, which is especially effective in the first 7-14 days. Accelerates the withdrawal of the drug from the body, triggering self-cleaning and recovery mechanisms. It includes forced diuresis and balanced nutrition.
- A change of environment helps to ease the complex tying process and avoid contact with consumers.
- Enlist the support of people who do not use drugs while fighting addiction.
- Information preparation of possible symptoms of withdrawal symptoms and methods for their relief, including dangerous ones, for which medical attention is needed. The appearance of these symptoms indicates a fight against addiction, and their decrease indicates a shift in a positive direction.
- Taking sleeping pills as prescribed by your doctor to restore sleep. The duration of sleep should be 8-10 hours.
- Adhere to a strict daily routine, including sleep, eating. Free hours should be filled with interesting and useful activities to distract thoughts from the drug and unpleasant symptoms.
- With depression or psychosis, treatment prescribed by a specialist is necessary.
- With significant mental cravings, it is necessary to focus on other activities, develop healthy and healthy habits.
- Encouraging yourself with even the smallest success, which will cheer you up and create peace of mind.
- Belief in your abilities to part with addiction.
In the case of severe dependence or another reason that makes it impossible to refuse the drug at home, you must contact the relevant institution for a full course of treatment, including:
- detoxification, including drug and hardware;
- physical and mental coding, including with the possible application of the AML procedure and hypnosis;
- social adaptation.
Due to the strong stimulating effect on the nervous system, amphetamine leads to wear and tear of the body and mental problems. Like all drugs, it causes a strong mental dependence, which often can not be managed independently.