The smell of cigarettes on hand is a problem that is relevant not only for smoking schoolchildren who are hiding from their parents. Even an adult can be uncomfortable with hands smelling of tobacco. For example, if his work is connected with people and he does something with his hands (doctor, cosmetologist, makeup artist). The smoker himself may also be unpleasant with the smell of cigarettes emanating from his hands, and often close people are not thrilled with such an aroma.
Every time a person smokes a cigarette, the tobacco smell literally eats into his skin. And if those who smoke a little, he has time to weather out at least for a while, then for heavy smokers who smoke a pack a day, their hands smell like tobacco constantly and getting rid of it is problematic. Hands smell especially strongly right after a smoke break, and, of course, the hand with which a person holds a cigarette smells stronger.
What to do so that your hands do not smell of cigarettes
It is simply impossible for the heavy smoker to get rid of the tobacco smell that exudes his hands once and for all. However, if you regularly take certain measures, the smell of cigarettes can be removed at least temporarily, before the next trip to smoke. There are different ways to do this. Which one is more efficient and convenient – everyone decides for himself.
- The smell of cigarettes on hand can be effectively removed with ordinary toilet soap. After each trip you need to smoke just wash your hands with soap, and the more fragrant the soap, the better the effect. True, if a person smokes a lot, he does not always have the physical ability to wash his hands. In addition, frequent hand washing with soap dries the skin very much and rinses the “beneficial” microflora from it.
- Wet wipes are a more convenient and practical tool to get rid of the tobacco smell on the hands. The stronger they are impregnated with a cleanser, the better you can use them to remove the smell of cigarettes. Napkins can always be carried with you and you can use them in any situation.
- Another tool that can be used in any environment is an antiseptic hand gel. Such gels are usually produced on alcohol and the alcohol smell easily interrupts the tobacco. However, such gels are not even more beneficial for the skin than regular soap, because they act more aggressively.
- In addition to antiseptic hand gels, there are special products (gels, creams) with the “anti-tobacco” effect. Such funds were originally created in order to remove the smell of cigarettes from the skin of the hands. The only problem is that they are rarely found on sale.
- There are also “folk” ways to get rid of the tobacco smell on the hands. One of them is to rub your hands with a slice of lemon. For those who do not smoke often, this method is well suited for use at home. Lemon juice not only helps to get rid of the smell of cigarettes, but also has a good effect on the skin.
- Another “folk” way is to rub the hands of coffee grounds. The intensity of the aroma of coffee is not inferior to tobacco in any way: the coffee smell is just as quickly “absorbed” into the skin and remains on it. Coffee grounds for eliminating the tobacco smell are especially appreciated by women, because such a procedure also acts as an excellent hand scrub. After coffee grounds, you will have to wash your hands with soap, because coffee not only aromatizes the skin, but also stains it.
In order that the smell of cigarettes does not linger on your hands, measures to remove it must be taken every time after contact with a cigarette. If schoolchildren escape from the smell of cigarettes in their hands by smoking gloves and holding cigarettes with sticks, then for adults these methods are unacceptable. It remains only to find a convenient way for you to get rid of the tobacco smell and do not forget to use it regularly.