Alcoholism is a problem that must be dealt with immediately after its discovery. You can help a drinker if you choose the right treatment method. Traditional drug encodings are effective, but have many contraindications. So, drugs that penetrate under the skin in the form of capsules are dangerous for people with pathologies of the kidneys, liver, heart and nervous system. In all these cases, it is required to look for another tactics of therapy. Narcologists advise considering hypnosis from alcoholism. This is a proven and safe method that has a minimum of restrictions. During the session, the patient is immersed in a state close to deep sleep. Further, the specialist will work with the subconscious of the person, creating attitudes to life without alcohol.
The main advantages and disadvantages of the technique
Any tactics for getting rid of alcoholism has its advantages and disadvantages. Encoding through immersion in hypnosis is also no exception, but the advantages in this case most often prevail. So, experts call several obvious advantages of the method:
- Hypnosis is the most gentle method among all offered by modern medicine. The fact is that during the session the specialist only works with the human psyche. All other organ systems are not affected, as is the case if classic drug coding is chosen.
- Another definite plus is the duration of the action. The patient is formed installation on a sober lifestyle, which will work continuously. A person refuses alcohol not because of fear of intoxication, but because he does not see the point in its use.
- Hypnotherapy allows not only to protect oneself from alcohol, but also to restore mental health. Along with addiction, panic attacks, apathy, and depression go away. A person has new life goals. He again sees the point in family, work, communication with friends. He has new activities that allow him to escape from drinking.
- Each patient can choose the appropriate technique for him. Sessions are held individually or in a group. If necessary, the specialist will carry out the encoding at home, if the patient is unable for one reason or another to visit the clinic.
Many of the advantages of hypnosis often lead relatives of an alcoholic to choose this particular technique, but before deciding on a procedure, you need to familiarize yourself with possible shortcomings. So, among the disadvantages of the method is called a high price. The cost of such an encoding seems to many overpriced, since it will take several sessions to completely cure it. However, do not forget that traditional suturing of the capsule also costs a lot. In this case, the negative effect on the heart, kidneys and liver is minimized.
Doctors urge not to relax and take into account that any psychotherapeutic technique directly affects the psyche. The consequences of errors during encoding can be unpredictable, but this can be easily avoided if you carefully select a specialist. The hypnologist must have all the necessary documents confirming the level of his education, qualifications and permission for medical activity. There is one more significant minus of the procedure. Sometimes, doctors are forced to use traditional methods to abandon alcohol, since a person is, in principle, not subjected to hypnosis. This means that no psychotherapeutic technique can cure addiction.
Who to contact for hypnosis
The treatment of alcoholism is a complex and lengthy process, and the slightest mistake can cross out all the previously obtained results. It is especially important to contact a qualified doctor who is not fooled after receiving a large amount. Important! The procedure can only be carried out by a professional in their field. This may be an experienced psychotherapist who possesses the necessary skills and regularly uses them in his work. A narrower specialist is a hypnologist. This is the most preferred option in the treatment of alcohol dependence.
In any case, the specialist should conduct an appointment at an officially registered medical center or private clinic.
It is important to beware of scammers who sometimes offer guaranteed results with minimal effort. So, some firms are trying to use online hypnosis. You should not agree to the procedure, since for the safety of the patient he should always have direct contact with the doctor. If desired, you can request licenses and other permits from the selected organization. It will not be superfluous to get acquainted with the opinions of people who have already applied to a particular employee. Often, it is customer reviews that help to finally decide.
Hypnosis encoding only outwardly seems to be a simple manipulation. In fact, there are many subtleties that must be considered in order to achieve positive results as soon as possible. Thus, the preliminary preparation of the patient is of great importance. The main conditions are only two:
- First, a person must make an independent informed decision. If it is imposed by someone close, then the proper effect will not be.
- Secondly, the patient comes to the session absolutely sober. In his body, there should be no ethyl alcohol, so it is best to refuse to drink drinks with a degree in advance, for 3-4 days.
Important! Both conditions are relevant for encoding using any other method. If the alcoholic does not see the problem or refuses to acknowledge it while continuing to drink, then he will not be able to cure it. In this case, experts recommend a preliminary course of classes with a psychotherapist who will explain the benefits of living without alcohol. The coding procedure itself is carried out in four stages:
- Preliminary preparation. This stage includes a conversation with the patient while he is still conscious. This is necessary to select an individual technique for each person. During the session, an alcoholic who wants to be encoded can fearlessly tell a specialist about his fears and concerns.
- Immersion in hypnosis. After clarifying the key points and determining the tactics of contacting the patient, the specialist begins to introduce the person into deep sleep. This is a borderline state between reality and trance. This uses a ball moving like a pendulum. The alcoholic watches him with his eyes and slowly falls into a dream, listening to the voice of the hypnologist. After the final disconnection from reality, you can begin to work.
- Work with the subconscious. The specialist penetrates into the deeper layers gradually, exploring all sorts of fears and phobias of the patient. The ultimate goal is to isolate the instinct of self-preservation from the subconscious and aiming at it. It is its operation that will be the key to the successful treatment of alcoholism using hypnotic techniques.
- Conclusion from a trance. At the end of the exposure, the specialist returns the patient to reality. As a result, indifference to alcohol will already be built into his subconscious. This means that a person after coding will refuse to drink.
There are many different psychotherapeutic methods for treating drunkenness, and hypnosis is only one of them, and the traditional option, when the doctor is left alone with his patient, is considered the most effective. A group session can be beneficial and eliminate the problem, but it is difficult to choose an individual approach to each. Practice shows that hypnosis treatment through audio or lightning fast immersion in a trance is less effective compared to classical methods.
There are also methods in which immersion in sleep is not required. The therapist will work with the deep layers of the subconscious of a waking person. One of the most common methods of treatment is considered to be the coding according to Dovzhenko, during which the patient is built into the thinking of a healthy lifestyle. Many people wonder if such tactics help. Doctors confirm that after a course of classes a person really refuses alcohol, but not because of fear of negative effects on the body and worsening well-being, but because there is no sense for him to drink.
Chemistry: benefits and dangers
To find out whether a particular person can be cured using one of the psychotherapeutic methods, you need to consult with specialists and find out the current stage of alcoholism. So, hypnosis is most effective in the early stages, while the dependence is exclusively psychological. If a person experiences a physical craving for alcohol, then the narcologist is forced to use other tactics. Hypnosis sessions can still be carried out, however, they will only complement the basic drug treatment using synthetic drugs. In some cases, drugs are administered intravenously with a dropper, but this is inconvenient, since the patient will be forced to regularly visit the clinic. It is much better to sew a capsule under the skin in advance, which will gradually release the active substance and maintain its stable concentration in the blood. All drugs used in this treatment are chemically synthesized. Many are afraid of their use and consider hemming as a last resort, however, there are absolute advantages of this method:
- Help is fast. It is enough only to undergo a preliminary examination and pass tests, after which, in just one visit, a small capsule is sewn into the subcutaneous tissue of a person.
- Hypnotization cannot guarantee a positive result, and traditional coding is considered one of the most effective.
- Treatment with chemicals is appropriate at any stage of alcoholism, even with a combination of mental and physical dependence.
Do not forget that medications can be dangerous. First of all, doctors always pay attention to the negative effect on the liver. This gland suffers not only from drunkenness. The body is also responsible for the removal of spent medications, so the load during the treatment period becomes prohibitive. Chemicals become the most dangerous if a person breaks down and takes even a small dose of alcohol after coding. In this case, severe intoxication develops, accompanied by symptoms such as:
- darkening in the eyes;
- difficulty breathing;
- heart rhythm disturbance;
- increase in pressure;
- nausea and vomiting;
- intestinal disorders.
The patient’s condition is usually serious, he thinks he may die, therefore he urgently seeks help. Usually, narcologists warn of a similar reaction of the body even before the capsule is sewn. The fear of death and intoxication is the basis for a person’s refusal to drink.
Hypnotherapy is safer in terms of health than traditional hemming, however, this technique has its limitations. In some cases, it can not be carried out. These include:
- lack of desire;
- state of intoxication;
- hangover syndrome;
- pathological changes in the psyche;
- past craniocerebral trauma;
- brain surgery;
- heart attack;
- oncological diseases;
- complete degradation of personality;
- schizophrenia and similar disorders.
In all of these situations, hypnosis should not be used. The narcologist will advise other ways to get rid of addiction that are suitable for a particular patient.
Physiological and psychological danger
Many people do not perceive the suggestion of refusal to drink in a trance state as a serious medical intervention, although the procedure itself has a number of contraindications and limitations. They are associated with possible dangers relating to almost all aspects of the functioning of the body. Doctors note that with a number of pathological conditions, hypnosis is strictly prohibited. In particular, such treatment should be avoided for heart problems, strokes of any type, and cancerous tumors. According to doctors, the body may simply not withstand too much stress. With severe degenerative changes in the psyche, hypnosis can also be dangerous. It is impossible to predict how a particular patient’s subconscious mind will respond to attempts to introduce a disposition for refusing alcohol, therefore, given existing disorders and illnesses, it is best to avoid psychotherapeutic techniques that involve introducing a person into hypnosis.
Hypnotherapy for epilepsy
Doctors always warn that having a patient with epilepsy is also one of the main contraindications. Even with rarely occurring seizures, one should be careful and abandon the treatment of alcoholism due to hypnosis. Given that epilepsy cannot be completely cured, the patient and his family should consider other treatment options that the doctor will suggest. Psychotherapeutic methods are appropriate only when the intensity and frequency of seizures is minimized with the help of specialized medicines. The main difficulty is that epileptic seizures can be one of the signs of extreme alcohol dependence. In this case, the nervous system is significantly damaged, and exposure to it through hypnosis can seriously aggravate the situation.
The opinion of experts
Hypnosis treatment of alcoholism is less popular than drug coding, but many experts believe this technique is quite effective. It is recommended for patients who are aware of the severity of the problem and the need for timely treatment. The benefits of hypnosis will be apparent if the session is carried out at an early stage of alcoholism, until a stable physical attachment has formed. Doctors warn that positive results can be achieved only if the patient himself wants to give up alcohol. It is impossible to work with the subconscious of a person who refuses help. This can lead to irreversible changes in the psyche. Otherwise, hypnosis is a proven and effective method with a minimum of side effects and limitations. For this reason, if a specialist advises using this tactic, you should not refuse. Preliminarily, it is best to discuss with him all the exciting points. Only a doctor will be able to give reliable information about how much the procedure costs, how long the session lasts, and what result should be counted on. In the fight against alcoholism, it is important to choose the most sparing methods, since the body is greatly depleted with the constant use of alcohol. Hypnosis is one of them, so in the absence of direct contraindications, you can safely contact a specialist. If the dependence on drinks with ethanol is too strong, then you will need to resort to more effective methods.