Addiction is a serious disease that causes great damage to health and can even cause death. It is important to know what drug addiction is in general, how it manifests itself, what causes prevail. Information about the types and symptoms of drug addiction, about the methods used to treat it and how the rehabilitation goes, will be valuable.
What is addiction?
Addiction is an addiction to some narcotic substance, on which a person is dependent and without which he cannot live normally. This craving appears in the process of frequent drug use, natural or artificial. Addiction to drugs is an important social and medical problem in the modern world.
Every year, the black market is replenished with all the latest narcotic drugs, which instantly destroy the human soul and body. The younger generation is more often exposed to narcotic weakness. Instead of studying, building a career, a family, they are busy searching for and taking drugs. According to statistics, drug addicts live less than a healthy generation. They are also often involved in crime. This is due to the fact that their consciousness changes during intoxication and they tend to get cash for a new dose. Addiction in the form of intravenous injections is associated with the danger of the spread of blood-borne diseases.
Causes of addiction
Addiction is divided into the following groups depending on the provoking factors: somatic, mental, social. Somatic causes include:
- lack of positive emotions;
- high level of anxiety and timidity;
- feeling of dissatisfaction.
The following are recognized as spiritual reasons:
- lack of consciousness;
- the inability to satisfy one’s needs in a healthy way;
- the gap between fantasies and actual construction.
The problems of a public group of drug addiction include:
- too high custody;
- inconsistent taboo on becoming and freedom;
- overstated requests;
- lack of love;
- domestic violence;
- free education;
- pastime without adult control;
- mental state without control.
How drug addiction develops
At the beginning of the stage, addiction helps to eliminate all the problems associated with stress, confusion, indifference. Then they are less expressed or disappear completely. But a person can’t get anywhere already, since he becomes mentally and physically vulnerable and is in the grip of such dependence. The first test begins with curiosity, regardless of what kind of addiction it is. The younger generation is trying with interest something unusual and unknown, finds mysterious sensations. Achievements in creativity or intellectual success are also pushing to start taking drugs. Young creative personalities believe that thanks to the narcotic substance they have inspiration and talented mysterious works are being created. Intelligent individuals most of all want to exalt their mind by artificial methods, sometimes even experimenting with themselves.
The first experience of drug addiction can be caused by the fact that young men do not want to put up with social norms and orders, and therefore they protest by this method. Most often, the causes of drug addiction are:
- lack of interesting activities;
- desire to be in the circle of drug addicts;
- the desire to be the same as an idol.
All these reasons are the interaction of internal and social external factors.
Types of addiction
Addiction is of the following types:
- Heroin When consumed, a certain euphoria appears, a feeling of weakness and all the time attracts to sleep. The result depends on the type of psychoactive substance.
- Opium. If you use the same syringe many times, the risk of contracting transmitted infections increases. If you abandon them, then the following symptoms will develop: trembling, sweating, nausea, loose stools, muscle pain and chills.
- Cocaine After adoption, an intoxicating state appears, which is accompanied by vigor, confidence, physical endurance. The appearance and health of a person are greatly deteriorating.
- Amphetamine. Psychoactive substances stimulate vitality, improve mood. Upon termination, the psyche is severely disturbed. With prolonged use, depression, a decrease in immunity, and exhaustion appear.
- Dependence on LSD. When it is taken, the mood changes dramatically, hallucinations appear.
Stages of addiction
There are 3 stages of drug dependence. At the first stage, the following occurs:
- intermediate use of narcotic drugs smoothly flows into constant;
- ecstasy is not expressed as clearly as before;
- portion is constantly growing;
- there is no physical dependence and the patient thinks that he copes with the situation completely;
- the flaw is easily tolerated;
- desire for pleasant feelings pushes to continue;
- a few days after the cancellation, the discomfort intensifies;
- the nature of ecstasy changes slowly;
- when intoxication appears gaiety, enthusiasm, energy;
- there is alienation from people who are against drugs;
- a connection is created with drug addicts, dealers, and so on.
It is at the first stage, if there is an awareness of what is happening, many stop using drugs. Others differently, more and more plunge into the very depths of drug addiction.
The second stage is accompanied by the following phenomena:
- physical dependence appears;
- patience passes;
- the intervals between ingestions decrease.
At the second stage, health begins to collapse. Life priorities are completely changed, the patient is interested only in where and how to find a new dose. The third, final stage is manifested by such consequences as:
- irreversible mental and somatic disorder;
- a large dose is required, since the previous dosage is no longer satisfied;
- there is no normal life without a dose.
In the third stage, the goal is to maintain the level of vital energy. Personal and social relationships are destroyed. Serious illnesses are discovered, the psyche and mind are oppressed.
Due to the fact that drug addicts are very flattering to lie and always have excuses, it is very difficult to identify the use of narcotic substances. It is possible to find out the truth only with the help of the laboratory. Effective methods are:
- enzyme immunoassay;
- immunofluorescence test.
Research samples can be either the patient’s hair or biological fluids. Metabolism products are found in these analyzes.
Thanks to rapid tests, you can find out whether the patient was addicted to addiction over the past month. Using a comprehensive test to determine a longer time. If a drug addict begins breaking up or acute intoxication, then he will not be able to hide his position, and tests only summarize the picture. There are several treatments available.
- Forced, in which the patient’s relatives transfer him to special centers for treatment. Basically, there are such centers at monasteries where they provide psychological assistance to the patient and help him return to his former life.
- Hypnosis. It is not considered effective, since until the addict himself realizes his problem and begins to work on himself, nothing will come of it.
- Ethnoscience. Using various means in the form of decoctions, tea, tinctures, you can only cleanse the body of accumulated toxic poisons.
- Therapy at home. The difference between the clinic and the home is the use of other medicines.
There is another way to get off the drugs that the addicts themselves came up with is alcohol. They believe that this is a way out and in this way it is easy to replace a narcotic substance. But this is not so, because in fact there is a replacement of dependencies and just as sooner or later a breakdown will occur. The patient returns to the previous form of addiction and uses it to a greater extent than before.
General principles of drug treatment
Due to the fact that drug addiction has its own characteristics, such as symptoms, development, clinical manifestations, specificity plays an important role in the treatment of everyone suffering from drug addiction. It all depends on what experience is present, what type of drug is used and what doses have been abused, whether there are any diseases and damage in the psycho-emotional sense.
In narcology, they are based on a number of general principles that doctors follow when providing emergency care to patients with drug addiction. These principles are determined from the symptoms of the patient:
- reassessment of tolerance and drunkenness patterns;
- organization of physiological functions;
- the process of aspiration for euthanasia;
- manifestations of a mental disorder;
- neurological disorders: poor sleep, a shift in personal qualities, difficulties in the family and at work.
The general principles of medical support are:
- inpatient treatment;
- treatment in psychiatry;
- unwillingness to use psychoactive substances (voluntary refusal).
The basic rules of an effective process are:
- arrangement with the patient for treatment;
- increased individual visualization;
- an integrated approach to recovery.
The main stages of effective treatment for drug addiction
The treatment process depends on how correct and effective the prescribed treatment will be. It is also worth considering what kind of drug addiction experience is present, the type of drug, the age of the patient, the psychophysical health, whether the patient wants to recover or not. Primary inpatient treatment takes 3 months. This period is limited to getting rid of breaking. After this procedure, the patient usually does not want to continue to participate in a full recovery. Drug dependence therapy consists of the following steps:
- emergency narcological support in case of overdose, poisoning;
- getting rid of breaking;
- detoxification with regular poisoning;
- therapy for prolonged drug addiction;
- inadmissibility of the development of cravings, oppression of drug addiction.
Conclusions and forecast for the future
After therapy, the rehabilitation stage begins, which is already taking place outside the addiction center. Further examination is recommended, but already with psychologists. Such meetings should be held no less than twice during the week. The psychologist helps the patient get rid of fears of solving a difficult situation that may arise in a sober life. After the rehabilitation, some even remain to work as volunteers in the center. These guys support those who have just begun the path of recovery from drug addiction. They share their experience with them and in this way feel their importance in front of them.
In order to successfully recover from drug addiction, you need to cleanse the body and use the prescribed medications. It is also important that the patient reconfigures his psyche, which is possible only when a change of situation is made, for example, in a closed rehabilitation center. You should not waste time in vain on various folk remedies and on your own strength, since without the support of specialists the addict will not be able to cope with his problem himself, and even if this happens, sooner or later he will fail anyway and start all over again.