Hookah smoking is a popular and growing way to spend time with friends. People like to inhale fragrant smoke and release puffs of steam. Many refused to visit the usual bars and made a choice in favor of modern hookahs – establishments where it is customary to smoke this device. Hookahs came to us from the east. There, their smoking is considered an ancient tradition. We have a hookah smoked in order to relax. For many, the aesthetic side of the issue is also important. Smoking a hookah instead of cigarettes is fashionable and prestigious.
Many are so addicted to this process that they think about buying a hookah for home use. This makes sense if the device will not be used too often. Regular smoking of a hookah is detrimental to health, since tobacco contains nicotine, and when you inhale smoke, a large amount of carbon monoxide enters the body.
What to look for when choosing a hookah
If possible health problems do not stop or a rare use of hookah is planned at friendly meetings, then we can proceed to choosing the appropriate model. For home use, you do not have to buy an expensive device. Practice and reviews show that you can buy high-quality hookah at an affordable price. He will perform all the declared functions, but will not hit the budget. Fans of inhaling fragrant smoke are advised to consider models that cost less than 10,000 rubles. Price is not the only parameter worth paying attention to. Important factors affecting product selection are:
- bowl size;
- surface material and flask;
The estimated load is also taken into account. It is important to determine in advance whether the hookah will be used by one person or the whole company.
The size depends solely on the purpose for which you purchase such a device. Let’s say you take a hookah for a company. Then, so that he smokes well, you need to take a higher option, from about half a meter. Such a hookah has a large bowl, long hoses and a wide capacity for coal. You can smoke it for a long time – from 1.5 hours or more. Many people think that it is better to take models that allow you to connect several hoses, but in practice they often turn out to be uncomfortable. It is better to purchase the traditional version with one hose, and when smoking with a whole company, use disposable or personal mouthpieces. For use alone, or for a gift to a person who has not previously been noticed in a special love for a hookah and only intends to try it out, it is better to take variations from thirty centimeters. They are more compact and comfortable. You can find very small hookahs, but they are actually quite useless. Their main task is to decorate the premises, and not any practical application.
Nuances of material selection
There are also a number of nuances that must be taken into account. For example, a mine should be as heavy as possible. Its ideal material is stainless steel. As for the flask, it is necessary to consider how thick the glass will be. It is the flasks that most often become the reason that you have to change the hookah. For a bowl, it is best to choose glazed ceramics.
It is very important to check how tight the hoses are. Be sure to plug one end of them, and then blow them out. If there are no leaks anywhere, then the hose will be good, suitable even for heavy smoking. It is important to check for leaks everywhere, especially on hookah joints. Without it, there will simply not be a good quality of smoking – slowly all the smoke will go away and it will get less and less.
Which bowl is better?
A bowl of hookah is an important structural element where smoldering tobacco will be immersed. The volume of smoke, its density and the duration of smoking will depend on its characteristics. Bowls may vary in shape, structural features, material.
- Clay bowl. This is the easiest and cheapest option. Such a tank evenly distributes heat and maintains an optimum temperature. Its significant drawback is the incomplete disclosure of the taste of tobacco due to dry smoke.
- Bowl of Phunnel. This is a ceramic version with low sides and one hole in the center. Suitable for liquid mixtures, smoking stones. DOES NOT require installation of additional foil sides.
- Ceramic bowl. It looks aesthetically pleasing, but is afraid of too high temperatures. She can crack. In addition, such bowls provoke burning of tobacco. They necessarily use a layer of foil.
- Vortex Bowl. Its distinguishing feature is a tubercle with small holes located in the center. This design provides powerful traction and full disclosure of the taste of the selected tobacco.
- Metal and glass bowls. Their advantage is an attractive appearance, but in practice they spoil the taste of tobacco, preventing it from opening. In addition, the mixture often sticks to the walls.
- Silicone bowl. This is a modern, temperature-resistant option. Such a bowl is easy to wash and store.
Each bowl has its own characteristics, so you need to rely on individual preferences. Reviews of hookah lovers indicate that it is better to opt for ceramic products or modifications of their silicone.
Whose to take?
When you are convinced that all technical aspects have been taken into account, it is necessary to focus more on stylistic and aesthetic aspects. You can’t name any companies that could be “stars” in the hookah market. Many people believe that Chinese hookahs are more optimal when compared with the Arab ones, that they are more thoughtful and convenient. The visual solution should be chosen just to your taste, but do not forget that often the hookah has a considerable decorative function, so that you can’t do without decor.
The best models of hookahs
The hookah brand will not directly affect the taste of the smoke and its quality, however this does not mean that this item can be ignored. It is important to choose a hookah that will look aesthetically pleasing and fit into the interior of the room. Before buying, it is worthwhile to visually evaluate its design – whether high-quality materials were used during assembly, whether it is too fragile. To quickly make a choice, you need to first familiarize yourself with the ratings of companies that produce hookahs. Fans of their smoking argue that it is best to acquire strong and stable models.
- Hoob Hookah. These are hookahs with a unique modern design and excellent features. Priozvoditel uses organic glass and stainless steel. The price tag for hookahs of a traditional form starts at 11,000. Models with an unusual futuristic design are more expensive.
- Fabula Temple 45. This is a visually appealing glass hookah. They are often used in bars, but are also suitable for home use. Glass performs a decorative function. In a transparent bowl, you can place a composition of fruits or berries, which will make the hookah unique. In addition, this material does not absorb odors, so you can safely change various tobacco blends. You can buy such a hookah for 5-7 thousand rubles. The final cost is determined by the configuration and wall thickness.
- Amy Deluxe These are German hookahs that can be purchased at a reasonable cost. The price tag varies from 4,500 rubles to 7,000 rubles. This company abandoned threaded parts, so the service life has significantly increased. Impact resistant glass is used for the production of flasks, so the hookah is not afraid of falls.
- Cosmo Hookah. This hookah is suitable for lovers of minimalism. A no-frills model, as simple as possible, but with good traction. A compact hookah of this brand can be purchased for 6,500 rubles.
The purchase of a hookah is only the first step to smoking at home. Next, a more difficult task lies in the choice of a tobacco mixture.
Choosing the best tobacco
It is impossible to smoke a hookah without tobacco. It is he who is responsible for the smack of inhaled smoke, so they are most responsible for his choice. There are no specific recommendations for purchases, as everything will depend on individual preferences. Fans of hookahs advise beginners to try different tastes, mix them together, and select original combinations for themselves.
Tip. It is better to purchase tobacco from trusted and well-known brands that have a large number of positive reviews. Smoking in itself is harmful to health, and the use of low-quality mixtures exacerbates the situation. The market has many companies involved in the production of tobacco for hookahs. The list of the most famous includes:
- Adalya (Turkey);
- Al Fakher (UAE);
- Fumari (USA);
- Tangiers (USA);
- Serbetli (Turkey);
- Starbuzz (USA);
- Afzal (India).
In the line of each manufacturer there are many taste variations, so all hookah lovers easily choose the ideal version of tobacco for themselves. According to reviews, the most popular destinations are:
Adalya brand is famous for the production of Love66 tobacco blend, which is a combination of watermelon and melon flavors, complemented by the freshness of mint. This is one of the most popular options for hookahs. Other flavors are in demand – blueberries with mint from Starbuzz or Charlotte pie from Fumari.
Coal for a hookah: selection rules
Coal is the main source of thermal energy necessary for the slow decay of tobacco. High-quality coal allows you to get a thick and fragrant smoke, so you should not save on this ingredient. Before buying, you should read about what types of coal are used for hookahs. There are three of them.
- Coconut Coal These are compressed coconut shell briquettes. Such coal requires ignition by an external source. It flares up for a long time, but qualitatively maintains heat when smoking a hookah. It does not need to be changed too often. Coconut charcoal is a natural product that does not emit harmful combustion products and does not affect the aroma of smoke.
- Charcoal. An alternative to coconut shells is a lemon tree or olive pits. Such coals cool faster and require preliminary grinding.
- Self-igniting coal. These are dry briquettes of chemical origin. They are based on alcohol or nitrate. It will take a little more than one minute to ignite such coal, but the combustion process is always accompanied by an unpleasant odor, therefore this option is used only in open areas or in ventilated rooms.
On the shelves you can find many brands of coal for hookahs in different price categories. The reviews show that those who prefer self-igniting coal should pay attention to Carbopol and Habibi. The best natural coal is produced by CocoBrico.
Hookah tobacco reviews
It is best to choose a specific tobacco based on your own preferences, however, it will not be superfluous to read reviews on products of different companies. This will guide, dispel doubts and warn against a deliberately unsuccessful purchase.
“We always buy AL Fakher tobacco. This is a very budget line, which presents different tastes. Especially like strawberries, melon, apple. A good mix of lemon and mint. The smoke is original, at the same time sour, and fresh, as if cooling. I didn’t really like the taste of peach – too sugary in my opinion. And the cherry refused weak. We have to mix it with other flavors, the same lemon, for example. ” Nastya, Moscow. “Personally, I settled on Serbetli brand tobacco. It is sold in boxes, the price for one is about 100 rubles. The tobacco itself is wet. The smoke is thick, tart, but not bitter. Tastes feel good. Favorite ones are blackberry and orange. Often I mix them with the taste of ice from the same manufacturer. It turns out light and tasteful mixes. ” Anna, Yekaterinburg. “I tried Afzal tobacco in a hookah. I liked it, I decided to buy it for a home hookah. The taste is transmitted perfectly, but you need to devote a lot of time to driving. If it is produced poorly, the smoke will be weak. ” Igor, Smolensk.
To choose a decent hookah, you need to take into account many nuances, including the materials from which its constituent parts are made, and their shape, size. It is required to pay attention to the manufacturer. For many, the decisive factor is the price – not everyone is willing to pay more than 10,000 rubles for a hookah for a home. But here’s what it is important to think about – is it really worth buying a hookah in general? Although the hookah is positioned as a fairly safe alternative to traditional smoking, it is still quite harmful. Therefore, it is worth thinking in principle, but is it worth it to spend money on a thing that will harm your health?
If you really want to inhale the fragrant hookah smoke from time to time, then find a compromise. For example, you can refuse to buy, and smoking in special institutions – hookah. Many bars and restaurants have introduced innovations in the menu. Now there you can order a hookah and enjoy delicious smoke. Of course, this is also harmful, but this way you avoid the temptation to smoke hookah every day and maintain your health.