Over the past few decades, many countries have been debating about the legalization of marijuana. Some are convinced of its absolute harmlessness and indicate a “relaxing” effect after use. Others categorically disagree with this and assure the public of the harmful effects of grass on the body. Indisputable evidence neither among supporters, nor among opponents of legalization of this drug exists.
There is an opinion that marijuana (hemp, anasha – its other names) is an easy remedy. But the use for a long time of any drug can lead to irreversible consequences: the immune system weakens, the person’s mental balance is disturbed. Even in the case of a single use of hemp in the body, the formation of chemicals (metabolites) occurs, the presence of which can be detected by clinical studies. How long can marijuana be in urine, and how quickly can it be excreted from the body? The answers to these questions should be known to people who decide to use “weed” due to various circumstances.
What is marijuana
She is considered one of the most common drugs. It is a product that is made from hemp leaves, stems and inflorescences. Raw materials are thoroughly crushed, mixed and used as a smoking mixture or consumed with food.
The main active component of the herb is cannabinol, a substance that causes small changes in the psyche. In some states, marijuana is called a remedy for depression and is officially allowed to use. In other countries, by contrast, laws have been passed prohibiting the cultivation and maintenance of plants.
Cannabis contains the active components – cannabinoids, which are responsible for the relaxing effect of the drug. It is they that form in the body dense associations with fat cells, so that the grass leaves the body for so long.
The effect of marijuana on the body appears literally in 2-3 minutes. Psychologically, a person feels peace and absolute serenity. He is able to generate many new ideas and see the nuances that he had not previously noticed in everyday life. Susceptibility to everything around is significantly increased. A distinctive feature is an unusual appetite.
In physical terms, a person who has taken marijuana has disturbances in the vestibular apparatus, i.e., problems with coordination during movement.
The heartbeat is also markedly increased. The effect of hemp on the body lasts about 3 hours. Maybe a little more, sometimes less. It all depends on the quality of the component of the drug and the health status of the smoker.
The accumulation of drugs in the body
Marijuana use triggers biochemical changes in the body. This is expressed in the accumulation of cannabinol. Together with enzymes, it participates in the formation of strong compounds – metabolites. The molecules of these formations have a rather long period of decay and exit from the body. Much depends on the individual characteristics of the body. Signs of cannabis use can be detected even several years after a complete rejection of it.
How much drug is in the body
Reception of marijuana triggers a number of biochemical processes in the body. Due to the interaction of enzymes with cannabis, it produces metabolites that are easily detected by clinical studies.
Traces of marijuana use remain in the urine for a rather long time:
- in case of a single use, the drug can be determined within 10 days;
- with the systematic use of hemp, the period of destruction of metabolites lasts up to six months, in rare cases up to 12 months.
The method for determining drugs in the urine is the most effective. The possibility of detecting cannabis in the body after a long time is explained by the ability of hemp to accumulate in adipose tissue.
A blood test for the presence of marijuana has slightly different indicators:
- once smoking grass, a person will keep its traces in the blood for 3-4 days;
- with repeated use, tests show traces of grass for 3 months.
In any case, the indicators are very individual and depend on the lifestyle.
Is it possible to speed up the process of removing marijuana?
Statements about the accelerated elimination of traces of cannabis from the body by abundant intake of fluids are a delusion. Urine can be diluted with water, but this will not affect the content of cannabinol in it.
It is not possible to get rid of traces of smoking marijuana in a day or two. However, it’s real to speed up the process, given some points:
- It is very important to restore the acid and alkaline balance. The body during this period must be filled with a sufficient amount of fruits and vegetables. Flour and confectionery, fatty foods, dairy products and coffee are strongly not recommended.
- Intensive exercise significantly speeds up the metabolism. Toxins exit through the skin faster and the body clears itself. Recommended trips to the sauna.
- Detoxification therapy is considered the most effective method of cleansing the body from the presence of a drug. It is effective exclusively in a hospital. Of course, full understanding with the attending doctor is necessary.
These are the main ways to remove hemp from the body. The speed of purification depends on a person’s lifestyle.
Elimination of cannabinoids from the body
Narcotic drugs leave the body at different speeds. A distinctive feature of cannabinol is that it accumulates in fat cells. This slows down the cleansing process. In addition to this nuance, there are several more:
- Duration of use of grass. If you smoke it regularly, the drug accumulates in the cells of the body. Withdrawing it over time is becoming more and more problematic.
- Individual characteristics of the smoker (weight, age, state of health), which affect the metabolism. In people who have extra pounds, marijuana stays in the body longer.
- The quality of the drug and methods of its use. The psychoactive effect of the product depends on these factors.
It must be remembered that the more often a person indulges in marijuana, the greater its concentration and the more problematic it is to clear the body of it.
Methods for identifying traces of marijuana
The medicine has learned to determine the presence of traces of hemp in the body for a long time. Here are some known methods:
- a blood test is effective and effective if the use of grass was recent;
- urinalysis indicators allow you to determine traces of the drug within a month;
- the chemical composition of saliva allows you to determine the presence of hemp in the body within 20-30 days;
- The most reliable and common is the study of hair, you can detect traces of hemp in the latter even after a year.
When do you need a urine test for marijuana
It is necessary to check your body for the presence of narcotic components when a decision is made to refuse marijuana. But the need for an analysis may arise in other circumstances:
- The use of hemp has an effect on the mental balance of a person. Any drugs (marijuana is no exception) can trigger a conflict.
- With any accident, the presence of drugs in the body is checked. Before you drive, you need to consider the time limits of the drug.
- In some areas of employment, applicants may be asked to check the body for the presence of narcotic drugs.
In any case, the use of hemp makes a person a violator.
How long do other substances stay in the urine
Different means are delayed in the body in different ways:
- alcohol will disappear after 9-12 hours;
- cocaine will disappear after 4-5 days;
- LSD comes out after 3 days;
- heroin is present in the body for up to 5 days.
This data allows you to circumvent some difficult situations.
So, marijuana is considered an easy drug, but it is far from the truth. Is it worth 2-4 hours of euphoria to expose your body to such loads? It will be more correct to learn to enjoy life without drugs!