Alcoholism is one of the most common diseases in the modern world. Dependence on alcohol gradually increases; in the last stages of the disease, binges begin. The patient drinks for several days, almost without sobering, which negatively affects the relationship in the family and the patient’s work. Regular drunkenness leads to moral and physical degradation, an alcoholic becomes dangerous for loved ones and himself. Urgently removing a person from binge will help only a set of measures, which necessarily includes medical and moral support.
What is dangerous binge, why fight it
Narcologists distinguish 3 stages of alcoholism, already in the second appear systematic binges. In the third period of sober life is rapidly declining, the patient is almost completely intoxicated. Long drinking alcohol caused by mental and physiological dependence is called binge. It all starts with taking a large amount of ethanol, as a result of which a huge amount of decay products is formed in the body, the liver is not able to cope with it. Pronounced signs of intoxication appear, which can be eliminated only by a new portion of alcohol. The improvement after drinking is short-term, the hangover returns after a few hours, and everything repeats again.
During a drinking bout, an alcoholic falls out of reality, commits rash acts, and can forget about work and loved ones, especially if he is drunk very much. Constant intoxication with ethanol affects the health of an alcoholic:
- the work of the cardiovascular system is disrupted;
- digestion fails;
- manifests sexual dysfunction;
- critical internal organs are destroyed;
- mental state changes.
Systematic binges make a person a chronic alcoholic.
Characterization of methods for removing from hard drinking
Narcologists note that it is almost impossible to independently get out of hard drinking. This requires external support of the body with medications, a special diet and a suitable psychological environment. At home, you can quickly defeat the binge in several ways:
- folk remedies;
- with medication;
- call specialists.
Each method has its own nuances, which should be known in advance. First of all, you need to remember a few rules:
- You can’t drastically remove alcohol; in a state of breaking, excessive stress on all body systems occurs. You can give a person suffering a hangover 30-50 grams of pure vodka or dilute it with water.
- The alcoholic must oversleep and express his desire to get out of hard drinking. If a person does not want to do this, it is almost impossible to stop him, he will still find what to drink.
- It is impossible to exert psychological pressure, to shout at a person suffering from intoxication with alcohol.
- After detoxification, the alcoholic should be fed warm, fatty foods, made to take a contrast shower and sleep.
- Moderate exercise will speed up the elimination of toxins. Remember that hard work in a state of hangover can lead to sad consequences.
All methods have a similar mechanism, but the result is achieved by different means:
- restoration of vitality.
Help traditional medicine
The state of hard drinking is familiar to mankind since ancient times. Even before the advent of narcology, women knew how to get a husband out of him. For this, herbs and some products were used. First of all, it is necessary to clear the stomach of alcohol residues, giving the patient about a liter of warm water with soda (a teaspoon is enough) or several grains of potassium permanganate. After this, vomiting should begin. If this does not happen, you need to press the fingers or spoon on the root of the tongue. Alternative medicine offers to cleanse the body with decoctions with diuretic and diaphoretic effects. To do this, fit:
- dog-rose fruit;
- calamus roots;
- natural honey;
- regular tea (necessarily sweet, you can put a lemon);
- homemade pickle;
- any dairy products;
An alcoholic must drink at least 3 liters of fluid per day in order to return to normal physical condition.
For quick elimination from binge, medications are used, but there is one condition: only a narcologist prescribes how to use certain drugs. The effectiveness of this method is based on the removal of toxins, restoration of water-salt balance and support the work of internal organs with drugs. To begin with, an alcoholic is washed his stomach and give any sorbent calculated by weight:
- activated carbon;
To restore the water and mineral balance using Regidron, Orasan or Hydrolite. The total amount of fluid should be approximately 3-4 liters. You also need to stock up:
- Aspirin, Citramon, or Nurofen tablets to relieve headaches;
- Corvalol, Glycine, Validol to normalize the work of the heart;
- Essential for liver support;
- diuretics, for example Furosemide;
- vitamin complexes with thiamine (B6) and ascorbic acid.
Begin treatment with absorbents, analgesics and heavy drinking. On the first day, vomiting should appear, it is not necessary to stop it, so the body is freed from toxins. The diet of an alcoholic should be scarce, enough crackers and warm liquids in large quantities. Vitamins are usually taken in the form of tablets, but intramuscular injections are much more effective. The whole period of treatment, a person should be busy with some business, for example, reading. You can not leave him alone with depressive thoughts, frequenting after binge. Such events can be carried out even without the knowledge of the patient, relatives simply pretend that they facilitate a hangover syndrome.
In difficult cases, a team of doctors can get out of binge at home. They use proven methods tested on different categories of alcoholics. A doctor is called to the house, who puts a dropper about half a liter in volume to the patient. It includes a complex of individually selected drugs of different effects. The drug is administered intravenously for several hours, quickly causing noticeable relief. After the procedure, the patient goes into sleep and wakes up without a hangover syndrome. The dropper includes:
- saline solution;
- magnesium sulfate;
The combination and concentration of active substances is determined by weight, health status and duration of binge. Dropper action:
- fast detoxification;
- diuretic effect;
- elimination of a hangover;
- providing the body with vitamins and minerals;
- normalization of water-salt balance.
Indications and contraindications
A medical conclusion from binge is resorted to in cases where other methods have been ineffective or drunkenness lasts more than 3 days. Contraindications:
- alcoholics over 60 years old;
- severe intoxication;
- severe disturbances in the functioning of the heart, liver or kidneys;
- bronchial asthma;
- delirium tremens;
- hard drinking lasting more than a week.
In these cases, an urgent withdrawal from binge is carried out in a hospital under the constant supervision of doctors. It is worth considering that hospitalization against the will of a person is prohibited.
How much and where do
Drug withdrawal clinics are engaged in professional elimination from hard drinking. They have specialists working around the clock with the appropriate education and experience, and they also have all the necessary equipment for conducting and monitoring manipulations. The cost of the procedure depends on the clinic, the drugs used and the duration of treatment. In large cities, prices on average are:
- staging a dropper without consulting a narcologist – up to 1000 rubles;
- removal from hard drinking in a hospital – from 15 to 35 thousand;
- departure to the house of a narcologist with a dropper and additional consultation – up to 4000 thousand.
In cities with a smaller population, the cost of services, respectively, is lower. To quickly remove any person from binge, it is enough to provide him with physical peace, psychological comfort, plentiful drinking, balanced nutrition and support of the body with medicines. If this approach is ineffective, it is necessary to call a specialist at home or send the patient to a hospital.