To bad habits most often include alcohol and smoking. Perhaps only a newborn does not know about the dangers of smoking, but, nevertheless, the psychological dependence on smoking was and remains the most widespread in the whole world. The harm from smoking is caused to almost all organs of the human body. In this article you will learn all about the dangers of smoking, how this bad habit affects the condition of the skin and excess weight, and how shortness of breath and hiccups appear.
The harm of smoking is primarily caused by the composition of cigarettes. More than four thousand harmful substances are contained in its composition. While smoking, they all settle in the body. The most famous are tar, nicotine and toxic gases. Why is smoking harmful? Each substance leaves its mark on health. For example, tar containing harmful carcinogens provokes cancer. After smoking, the resin causes coughing, hiccups, and smoking all the time leads to bronchitis.
Nicotine forms a psychological habit. After brain stimulation with nicotine, the decay process begins. After this, nicotine starvation sets in again – a painful process for an addicted person.
After smoking, toxic gases damage the ability of hemoglobin in the blood to carry oxygen. Because of this, almost all smokers lack oxygen. Bronchial cilia are affected by hydrogen cyanide, for this reason the throat hurts after smoking. Due to a lack of oxygen in the body, problems with excess weight occur, the skin of the face deteriorates, the throat often hurts and a runny nose appears. Hiccups during smoking are also a fairly common occurrence. Especially when smoking women, a cosmetic problem should be worried, that is, the condition of the skin of the face, nails, hair, excess weight. Therefore, it is worth thinking 100 times before and after the next puff.
The psychology of smoking is explained by such a fact of a bad habit – from birth, a person had to experience the first physical pleasures with oral contact. First of all – breastfeeding. The connection between the mouth and the satisfaction of a natural habit remains with the smoker at the heart of psychological dependence.
This is what smoking does with the human body, and these are just a few of the hundreds that are possible. A lot of facts are known about the dangers of smoking, let’s look at the diseases caused by smoking.
The harm of smoking to the main human organs
- Respiratory diseases. During smoking, thousands of harmful substances pass through the human respiratory system, after which the intake of vital oxygen is difficult. The fact that a sore throat and a cough appears is, you can say, the easiest consequences of all. Often smoking provokes cancers of the lungs, bronchi. And this disease can lead to death in a short time. Remember, smoking kills. By the way, this topic is reflected in contemporary art. It is no accident, probably, Arthur Khalatov, in a song about unhappy love, sings “smoking kills a zay”, turning to a girl, after breaking up with which she became addicted to bad habits.
- Smoking also affects the gastric system. The habit of being drawn out provokes a metabolic disorder. Food is not properly perceived by the body. The body has a difficult choice – the proper assimilation of food or an easier way to nicotine relaxation. The body is punished by peptic ulcer, pancreatitis, inflammation of the stomach, including unpleasant heartburn and hiccups. By the way, frequent hiccups during smoking are just the first sign of nicotine inflammation of the gastric system. Hiccups during smoking also depend on the frequency of cigarettes smoked. It is worth reducing at least their number.
- Cancer after smoking is the most famous. Almost all organs are subject to cancer. The harm of smoking is especially noticeable on the lungs, pancreas and in the oral cavity – these organs are most often affected by cancer. How many people talk about the dangers of smoking, but every year the number of cancer deaths after a bad habit only arrives. This is what smoking causes.
- The harmful effects of smoking on the basic functions of the body have long been studied. Of particular concern are such topics as smoking and conception. After smoking, especially long, before the desired conception, the reproductive system suffers, natural hormones are killed. No contraceptives are needed. If you need a baby – off birth control! But a cigarette smoked before conception and after can cause enormous damage to the physical health of the unborn child, up to pathogenic deformities and even death. Do not smoke before conception! Especially women, like expectant mothers, should understand how much harm smoking causes to an unborn baby.
- When combining taking birth control pills with smoking, women should be extremely careful. Estrogen, which is part of the contraceptive, especially of the old generation, after puffing with a cigarette provokes vasoconstriction. Therefore, a cigarette and birth control pills together can lead to such consequences as a heart attack, stroke, thrombosis. At times, the chance of gaining excess weight increases, the skin on the face noticeably fades. So if you use birth control, do not smoke.
I would also like to dwell on questions of appearance. This visible part of the human body is often a good good example of the dangers of smoking. Cigarette in the hand – consequences on the face. Changes in the skin of the face, hair condition and weight for the worse are often an incentive to quit addiction, especially in women.
Excess weight, dry skin of the face and body, crumbling teeth, brittle hair, besides accompanied by halitosis and frequent hiccups. Not a good sight, is it? But after smoking, this is a natural punishment. Weight problems arise due to a lack of oxygen after another puff during smoking.
The result of smoking can be not only excess weight, hiccups, poor skin on the face, but also smoking slows down the growth of the body if a person began to smoke even in his teens.
In general, the psychology of smoking in adolescents is most often built on the basis of self-realization through the majority. “If everyone does this, then I can.” This is a dangerous misconception that parents should help a child to come out of, noting his uniqueness, replacing punishments with genuine love. And it is best to prove the dangers of smoking by one’s own example – never to smoke with a child.
You can not ignore a topic such as smoking and teeth. A change in the microflora of the oral cavity after smoking leads to inflammation of the gums, the gums then become deformed, the teeth begin to crumble and fall out.
Even if you smoke a few cigarettes a month or less, the consequences of smoking remain in the body. The breakdown products of nicotine leave the body for a long time. After each puff, a person experiences irreversible changes – moisture is lost, the face fades, weight changes, hiccups appear, and sore throat. And these are only the easiest consequences. Do not bring yourself to cancer and heart attacks, take care of your health.
We have talked enough about the dangers of smoking, although these are far from all known facts. Do not smoke and be healthy!